To become an integral part of the supervisory compliance team overseeing a NYC based multi-office broker dealer currently focused on private investment banking and exempt securities offerings, public and private. Core compliance competencies essential for ongoing compliance and operations administration and branch office supervision.
Independent Brokerage Solutions LLC (“IndieBrokers”) exists as a solution to a growing need in the financial services industry for an independent broker dealer with broad institutional regulatory compliance experience. IndieBrokers affords the regulatory structure necessary for investment professionals to conduct investment banking and wealth management business lines on their own terms in a boutique branch office setting under the guidance and overall supervision of senior IndieBrokers management.
- Have a working knowledge of FINRA and SEC Broker Dealer Rules and Regs and their practical application. SEC Investment Advisor, Municipal Advisor, ’33 and ‘34 Act rules and regs are essential.
- Review, edit, and approve public and private exempt (Reg D; Reg A) offering material, retail and institutional presentations and advertising, web sites, and social media content.
- Supervise representative electronic communications to detect conflicts of interest, rule or policy violations, and to communicate feedback effectively within the team.
- Have experience with FINRA form filing functionality (CRD; Corp Fin.; Ad Regulation).
- Become familiar with, edit, and amend written supervisory procedures and other operational and policy manuals.
- Have a supervisor’s judgement when assessing operational and compliance matters in order to appropriately escalate to, collaborate with, and take direction from the CEO and CCO.
- Have an analytical pro-active and collaborative supervisory approach to the application of securities industry regulations to a multi-office, multi-business line, cross-border broker dealer.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft business productivity software, such as Microsoft Office Professional, Google Applications, etc. Be able to learn and operate compliance and trading technology platforms, and to learn quickly necessary skills as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent work experience
- FINRA Series 7, 63, 24. Series 79 a plus (or obtain soon after hire)
- 5 to 7-years compliance experience at minimum (with supervisory experience) at a broker dealer and/or IA
- Experience with creation and/or supervision of marketing material and advertising is essential
- Experience identifying, solving, preventing, and documenting compliance issues
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize, multi-task, follow-up, and meet deadlines